Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Check out the bathroom

Ever since social media website became popular, I have noticed the different ways people display themselves.

I remember the days when everyone had the self shot from above. It somehow made people look slightly better than head on shots, so I can see why it was done. Below was the best example I could find from my own collection. Surprisingly, I personally do not have many of these kind of shots.

Eighteen... so young... and naive

Then I noticed the self taken photo through a mirror shots. I never went through this phase because I never understood why people do it. Most cameras (and phones) have an option for timer shots. This is what I would use.

The first time I saw the mirror shots I thought people were showing off their cameras. I then realised that that was not the case. They were showing themselves off. As soon as I realised this I created the following photo and posted it on my page.

Thanks for taking the photo Camera Dude!

I had my camera show me off instead by taking the picture. This was only possible because I knew how to use the timer shot function of the camera.

Today, I still see the mirror shot photos. I often think about commenting on the photos complementing the bathroom tiles or the like, but not many people appreciate my sense of humour.

Personally I think bathrooms are an odd place to take a photo. Especially when it is your parent's bathroom, which is something I see a lot. Although you do occasionally find humorous ones on the Internet.

However, I find it even more funny when people are trying to be cool in the bathroom. They do this by showing off abs, holding an alcoholic beverage when they just turned the legal age, or even pouting like a fish. No matter how cool they try to look, it loses the effect because they are standing in a bathroom taking a photo of themselves. 

I respect a bit of creativity. It would be cool if people tried to be a little more creative with their self shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment