Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Starcraft II mostly, a kind of descriptive review

Life is pretty good at the moment.

Everything seems to be going just fine. I am extremely happy in my relationship and I also got into Gold league in Starcraft II.


I reached one of my goals without trying that much. I was playing Starcraft II in order to do my video game hula hoop exercise routine. Hula hooping gets really tiring when you do it for a long time, so I ended up winning a lot of my games. Out of the blue the above image popped up onto my screen. I was speechless.

I don't really see much difference between the Gold league and Silver league. Except the fact that a lot of players I am versing think they are much better than what they are. I feel comfort that I can admit that I am not that great, hence not being delusional. Sometimes players can say the odd nasty thing about my ability, but I'm not too phased. I'm in Gold versing Gold players, not a Master! My ability, just like their's is not going to be that fantastic. It is kind of like a toddler telling another toddler that they are a noob in walking. It just sounds stupid.

So far my wins are greater than my losses, which is a good sign. However the game has changed a little bit too. A new update made it both easier and harder. It is easier because it lets you know how many probes you are mining at a mineral line and also the game starts on its own. There are also quite a few stats so you can see some of the factors that could have made you lose or win. It makes analysing a game much easier.

The hard thing about the new update is that it is harder to scout your opponent. If they are building something, you cannot click on it to see what it is. You have to scout long enough to see the finished product. Also, you cannot see your opponent's upgrades. Before you could click on their army and see how much armour and weapons they had in upgrades. Now it is harder to judge whether or not you can take on their army, because that information no longer exists. On the flip side, though, it also means your opponent doesn't know your upgrades either.

I have mixed feelings about the update. I like that I can analyse my games better now. I don't like how the game just starts on it's own. I don't see why the game has to automatically make my workers mine. It is one less thing I have to do, but I don't really want the game to play it for me.

Didn't really intend for this post to be about Starcraft II, but it just happened.

My gardening is going really well with my tomato plants flowering and everything else growing strong. I'll eventually post some photos, but can't be bothered hooking up my camera to the computer.

I also recently did the Color Run. That was fun. I like getting dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment