Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cleverbot

A few days ago I discovered CleverBot.

It is essentially a chat AI that stores all the answers people give it, and then uses those answers in the conversation. This means the answers may seem more human, but at the same time it can make no sense.

I find it more entertaining to chat with than A.L.I.C.E (Artificial Linguistic Internet Computer Entity). This is probably because it is impossible to predict what CleverBot will answer, because it takes it from several humans/sources.

Below is a comparison between CleverBot and A.L.I.C.E. I repeated the same question over and over.

CleverBot
(Black is me; Blue is CleverBot)
A.L.I.C.E
(Andrea is me; ALICE is A.L.I.C.E)


Continuation...

Et cetera, et cetera...


As you can see, there is a clear difference. A.L.I.C.E has the same answer for the same question, which is quite unrealistic in a human to human conversation.
CleverBot almost seems to be sarcastic. Just like a human it questions and also reminds you that you have already received an answer to the question. This makes it more believable and entertaining to converse with.
I then wondered what a conversation between CleverBot and A.L.I.C.E would be like. I started by saying "Hello." to A.L.I.C.E on CleverBot's behalf. The rest were answers from the AIs. I did it 3 times with the same "Hello" "Hi there" start.

Results below:

Conversation 1.

Conversation 2.

Conversation 3.

My partner told me I need to take up a hobby. I said, "more?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment