Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Done it again

I am really determined to finish the projects I have started.

My biggest mistake has always been starting something new before finishing what I had already started. Then it all jumbles inside my head. I want to complete all of it at the same time, but that is not possible. Then, in conflict, I do nothing.

The same is happening. I have been determined to complete the blanket I have been crocheting. So instead of dedicating most of my free time in constructing it, I have instead bought 2 books that I want to finish also. At the same time. Not to mention the other projects that are not so far in the back of my mind.

There really was only one reason I was able to complete the cross stitched bookmark mentioned in my first post. I took it with me on holiday. Most of the holiday was to visit my family and my then partner's. I knew I would have a couple of weeks with his family with little or nothing to do. So I cross stitched. That was my only option. I completed it in 2 weeks without much issue.

At home there are many distractions. Firstly, I work full time. Then there are household duties and the fact that I really want to go through all my stuff and de-clutter. Not to mention video games too. Free time is not abundant.

So I have decided to organise my thoughts. I'll list what I want to do and dedicate time to it. If I am unable to focus on one thing, I'll pick 2 from the list and go from there.

In progress crochet bassinet blanket
In progress. Crochet bassinet blanket that I commenced in 2006.
My to do list:
1. Complete bassinet blanket.
2. Finish "Finish this Book".
3. Do tasks in "Wreck this Journal".
4. Complete "First year of relationship" scrapbook.
5. Put all videos and photos of ex's family in a USB stick and post it to him. Erase.
6. Go through drawers. Get rid of anything that I forgot about, no longer need or that is taking unnecessary space.
7. Get to Platinum in Star Craft 2.
8. Print selected photos from 2004 until present and put them in photo albums as a backup.
9. Watch all seasons of the new Dr Who series.

I am sure there are more if I continued a bit longer.

I have decided to focus on number 1 and 2 at this point. Number 9 can be done at the same time as number 1, so that is no issue. Once I cross things off, the list will be much smaller and easier to manage.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment