Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Disguise

Yesterday I watched the second part to the 1985 version of Alice in Wonderland. The whole movie was about Alice letting go of her fears. There were also a lot of characters that kept calling Alice stupid. She was first defensive about it, but by the end she just brushed it off, which was quite interesting.

Before watching the movie I read my next task in "Finish this Book". The task was to cut out a disguise and wear it. It meant I had to cut something out of the book. Scissors to book is not something I like to do. I often think I will miss the page as it was before the scissors destroyed it.

I then thought about the parallels between the movie and my task. I feared cutting a page in the book. Just like Alice, I had to overcome this fear before I could continue. Before I could get to my final destination.

So I did it. I completed the task. I cut it out, stuck it on my face and took a picture. Just like the book instructed me to. And I don't even miss the page. I think it looks better on my face. Don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment