Pages

Friday, November 23, 2012

Commuting - Thoughts about nice guys and sexual interest

On my drive to work, I was listening to the radio. The presenter mentioned that he gets along well with females because he is gay. The reason for this is because he shows no sexual interest towards them and therefore the female can be more relaxed around him.

I pondered this for awhile while stuck in traffic.

The following sequence popped up in my head:

Girl meets nice guy, guy is gay
Original image source here
Find perfect girl, no sexual interest
Original image source here
found nice guy, he must be gay
 Original image source here
i wish the guys I date would be more like you
 Original image source here

The above is just an approximate of what popped up in mind.

I then started thinking about sexual interest and how demonstrating this can affect relationships between people.

Maybe girls generally do not go for nice guys, because they do not picture them in a sexual way. It becomes an association. Once you have no sexual thoughts about them, it is hard to look at them in that frame. Especially if the guy is not displaying sexual interest towards her. He might as well be like a gay friend. 

I then thought about my own experiences. I remember a male friend I had. We spent a lot of time together, but just as friends. He was nice to me, but that was it. That is all I saw and nothing else. While with him, no sexual context would arrive, neither in conversation or in my mind. However, after some time I noticed that his behaviour changed a little bit. His conversations became more sexual. This made me feel a little uncomfortable because I had already associated him as a friend only. In my mind he was more like a brother to me than anything else. So logically the thought of sex was too gross to think about.

However, maybe in a different context, things could have been different. If he was sexual from the get go, clearly marking his intention, I would have seen him in a different light. It would have been impossible for me to think about him like a brother if he implanted the thought of having sex with him in my head from the get go.

So if a guy really wanted to be with a particular female, he could be both nice and show sexual intentions. It is possible to do both. However, I think maybe there's the whole conflict that he may think the girl will think he is only in it for sex. All I can say is, if you don't want to have sex with her, then don't show that you do. If you do want to have sex with her, then demonstrate it. 

My partner and I started out purely as a sexual relationship. He demonstrated he would like to have sex with me, which made me feel attractive. In between sex he was nice to me. He gave me his time. He listened to me. He even cooked me dinner. While also demonstrating that he wanted sex. A year and 9 months later we are still together monogamously. And our relationship is pretty awesome.

Driving to work and back... so much time to ponder things.

No comments:

Post a Comment